Tor Browser: Step-By-Step Installation
- go on f-droid app
- press settings on the bottom right
- press repositories
- enable Guardian Project Official Releases
- press back until you go back to f-droid's main screen
- pull down to refresh the repository
- look up tor browser and install the one with the purple circle logo thing
One last thing,
- open tor browser, let it start up and stuff
- press the hamburger menu (top right three dots), scroll down in it and...
- press security settings
- slide it all the way to the right to select "safest"
Now you went from being recognizable as 1 in 200,000 to 1 in 788. Your browser fingerprint is roughly 200 times less unique and your activity is more anonymous than before.
Bromite: Step-By-Step Installation
- go on f-droid app > settings > repositories
- press the plus sign on the top right
- under address, put:
- under "Fingerprint of the signing key:" put:
- save it and enable the repository
- go back to the main f-droid screen and refresh by pulling down
Bromiteand install it.
Now you have a fast and secure browser with built in adblocking. You can also update it through f-droid since you added the repository and they will be authentic updates since you added the signing key fingerprint (a cryptographic ID)
If you're using iPhone then you don't care about privacy or security and this guide is not for you. There are no honest privacy respecting or secure browsers for iPhone. Firefox focus and the various Tor browsers on the app store are backdoored, even though they are your best bet here.